I love finding unique combinations of ingredients that end up working together marvelously. This one has nutella and brie cheese plus strawberries and cracked black pepper. With pistachio nuts too it has it all. Sweet, salty, cheesy, crunchy, creamy….I could go on.
In the pictures, I wrapped the cheese with puff pastry, but you can also do it with pie dough. The puff pastry has a lot more butter in it so the whole dish ends up greasier. If you like that sort of thing, go for the pastry. If not, pie dough will do you good.
Now go on. Be with your loved ones. Gather round the kitchen table. Report back on what you find.
Nutella Brie, Strawberry, Pistachio, & Basil
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 16 oz brie wheel
- 3 TBS nutella
- 2 C strawberries, quartered
- 1 TBS pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 TBS basil, chopped
- cracked black pepper
- toasted crostini
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the top rind off of the brie wheel but leave the rest on. Spread the nutella on the cheese. Wrap it with the pastry sheet. (can also use pre-made pie dough instead)
- Place on a silpat lined sheet tray and bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes
- Combine the strawberries, pistachio, basil, and cracked black pepper in a bowl.
- Pull the brie out of the oven and top with the strawberry mix. Serve with toasted crostini.